California State University Long Beach is a diverse, student-centered, globally-engaged public university committed to providing highly-valued undergraduate and graduate educational opportunities through superior teaching, research, creative activity and service for the people of California and the world.
California State University Long Beach envisions changing lives by expanding educational opportunities, championing creativity, and preparing leaders for a changing world.
Our academic purpose is to graduate students with highly-valued degrees.
CSULB is committed to being an outstanding teaching-intensive, research-driven university that emphasizes student engagement, scholarly and creative achievement, civic participation, and global perspectives.
Teaching-Intensive, Research-Driven University
- CSULB students have many opportunities in their studies to gain a love of ideas; an appreciation of artistic expression, science, and technology; and an understanding of varied cultures.
- CSULB faculty members fully integrate the results of their research and creative activities into their teaching, invigorating and enhancing student learning.
- Students receive the advising and mentoring they need to realize their dreams because of the student-centered philosophy of CSULB’s faculty and staff.
- The variety and scope of the University’s international curricular offerings are continuously broadened and deepened.
- Through a wide variety of curricular and extracurricular stratagems, all CSULB students are significantly exposed to a global perspective and many will develop multi-lingual abilities.
Services and Support
- CSULB applies the highest standards in fiduciary and administrative responsibility through personal accountability, fairness and high ethical standards.
- CSULB is an employer of choice in public higher education.
- The CSULB physical environment is safe, accessible, functional, and inviting.